UK Design Forum (UKDF)
UK Design Forum
The goal of the UK Design Forum is to be a forum for the UK Design community in industry and academia, dedicated to the Electronics and Micro-engineering Sectors. Although manufacturing enjoys several such groupings, no equivalent independent forum exists for Design.
- Discussion of common interests and exchange views to enhance the industrial impact of Design methods.
- Encourage greater mutual awareness of UK academic and industry research activities in Design
- Facilitate networking within and beyond the workshop itself.
- Nucleate ideas for research and co-operative working.
- Enable feedback of research (and other) topics to Government and EU programmes.
The UK Design Forum holds an annual event that brings together people from industry and from academic research groups in the UK. This provides an environment for people active in the electronic design domain to discuss subjects that are of topical interest. Attendance is in general by invitation and all participants contribute to the content of the Forum. This may be by giving a presentation or by preparing a poster. There are no proceedings published but, if the authors do not object, copies of presentations and posters may be put on the web.
The local organiser for the UKDF meetings is Andy Carpenter (+44 161 275 6168).